Friday, June 20, 2008

back from the beach

Had another great week in the sun on the beach. We road our bikes on the beach, and I never done that before. Very cool!!! We road down to an undeveloped part of the beach, and the tide wasn't low enough for us to ride through or even walk our bikes through, so we put our bikes up on our shoulders and walked through waist-deep water to get to the other side. I felt soooo "outdoor"ish. I did have a flat tire that shortened one of our trips, but that was okay. It was still awesome!!!

So I am officially 40! It's not so bad. I feel younger physically than I have in over 10 years, so that's a good thing! Michael gave me Journey's new CD, Revelation, which is actually quite amazing! I'm so excited that they sound so good, even improved, if that was possible, and with the absence of Steve Perry, which they didn't seem to be able to recover from at first, they sound great! They are actually going to be in concert at Chastain in August, so that is the second part of my birthday gift, getting to see them in concert. I'm psyched! I never saw Journey in concert, and they have been one of the bands I've wanted to see that I didn't think I'd ever have the chance to. The Eagles was the other band I never thought I'd get to see in concert, but since hell froze over, I got to see them in 1994. That was way exciting. I'm totally disappointed with their new cd though. I'll just stick to listening to their old stuff, but it sounds kinda like Journey might be re-evolving. I hope there's more good stuff to come.

No comments: