Wednesday, July 2, 2008

running fun

So I guess I'm into running now, and I'm enjoying it. I ran my first 5K at the end of May, and I'm running my second one on Friday in Woodstock. I'm working on improving my stamina and pace. I ran four 1/4 distances with 2 minute rests in between yesterday, which is the beginning of a 5-week program to a faster 5K that I read about in a running magazine.

Michael marked off 1/4 mile for me using his GPS on a road near our house (it's 30 minutes to the nearest track), and the distance is in between two fields of cows, one on each side of the road, and they both have at least 50+ cows in them, which makes for entertainment and a fun smell as I'm running along. I'm not fast at all. I've never been a fast runner, but I have had a previous stint of running in the early 90's when I was running 3 miles at a time, but I didn't do it for very long. We rode our bikes a little over 1/2 mile to the straight away, and after I was done, we took the long way home and road about 2 more miles. Michael just road along and did stuff on his bike while I was running. It was fun!

We are thinking of participating in a mini triathlon, but swimming is definitely a bigger area of weakness for me. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: