Sunday, August 24, 2008

less is more, but will it be enough?

The move is almost over. Just some miscellaneous stuff left at the ranch that we are going to get today. I am now sitting in my new loft apartment, which is so cool. The majority of the stuff we moved is sitting in boxes around me, and it still seems like a ton of stuff, even though we probably gave 1/3 of what we had away, trashed another 1/3 of it, and 1/3 of it still remains in our possession. We are giving ourselves 30 days to unpack completely, and if it doesn't end up having a place in our apartment after 30 days, we are seriously considering getting rid of it, even though we brought it here.

It was a truly freeing experience to get rid of so much stuff and to know i no longer have to deal with it. I hope that I have learned something through this that will last a lifetime - be happy with what you have already. Getting the next best greatest thing isn't going to make my life any better, and in fact, it could end up having more of a negative affect on me when I'm over it and have to find something to do with it.

These next years of my life I want to find fulfillment in doing things that God wants me to do. I know that will be enough - more than enough!

No comments: