Friday, October 31, 2008

Personal Best

Yesterday I went running and ran 4-1/4 miles in about 45 minutes which means I run each mile in 11+minutes. I really want to run my next 5K race in 30 minutes or less, which means I need to be able to run the miles in 9+ minutes, but I can't get below 10+.

When we went to do cardio today, I decided I didn't want to run any long distance because I ran yesterday, so I ran 1 mile and then walked 2 more. I decided I'd go all out on the mile I was going to run and not pace myself like I do when I'm going to run longer distances, and I ran that mile in 8:49!!! I couldn't believe it! It could be a lifetime personal best for me. I was never a fast runner, not that I think that is all that fast, but for me, it is.

So I can run a mile in around 9 minutes. Now if I can work up to running 3 of them in that time, that would be amazing!!!

No comments: